WELCOME TO BHS AND PAC
Dear BHS Parents and Guardians,
PAC, the BHS PTA, is the only organization that supports BHS students, faculty, administration and school building/grounds.
WHAT IS PAC AND HOW DOES IT SUPPORT THE BHS COMMUNITY?
The BHS Parent Advisory Council ("PAC") is a 501(c)3 parent organization and every BHS parent and guardian is automatically a member of PAC. PAC is completely dependent on donations and parent volunteers.
RECURRING INITIATIVES PAC SUPPORTS that BHS's budget is not able to fund:
- MADC - the BHS Make a Difference Club asks teachers what their immediate classroom/curriculum needs are and raises the funds. The list includes hardware, software, teaching materials and equipment.
- ENEWS - a weekly e-newsletter in English & Spanish about current events at BHS
- STAFF APPRECIATION - staff meals for Parent-Teacher conferences, a Welcome Back Breakfast in August, Valentine's Day treat, and end-of-year meal and gift cards.
- TCAP SNACKS - healthy snacks to help our students perform their best on standardized tests.
- BEAUTIFY BOULDER HIGH - PAC's ongoing effort to maintain and improve the physical appearance and usability of the school and grounds
- REALITY CHECK - a panel discussion series with an expert panel educating parents about their teens' lives outside of school
- AFTER PROM - provides a safe place for students to celebrate after the prom
- SAC and DAC - representing Boulder High at regular meetings of the School Accountability Committee and BVSD's District Accountability Committee
- Parents POTLUCK - meet the principal at the start of the school year
NEW PROGRAMS PAC SUPPORTS that BHS's budget is not able to fund:
We are very proud of all the new programs we supported the past two school years! This is just a partial list of the new PAC initiatives made possible, in full or in part, by your donations.
- A new sound system for the BHS Auditorium, to be completed by fall 2014
- Funding for a faculty collaboration room so teachers have a place to meet.
- Four new filtered water fountains. BHS now has four very popular and "green" hydrating sites!
- A pilot program to explore effective ways to use tablets in the classroom. This has been expanded during the current school year.
- TeachBolder Foundation providing teachers with grants for professional education
- Charging and storage carts for dozens of Chromebooks
With your continuing generosity,
we will be able to do all these things and so much more!
Please give what you can. Every donation helps!
Suggested donation per family:
$150 ____ $125 ____ Other ____
It is only through your continued financial and volunteer support that these events can continue!
Questions, comments, suggestions, volunteer? E-mail us: Chairs@bhspac.org
With great appreciation for all that our BHS parents and guardians do,
Carla Graubard and Carolyn Colman
2014-15 PAC Co-Chairs